I am pleased to announce a new feature for the LobbyCentral cloud platform that will help businesses with managing social distancing requirements.
LobbyCentral Mobile Check-In is a light-weight web app that a customer will use to check-in for his or her appointment, from the convenience of their car.
Here’s how it works:
- Maria schedules an appointment with Wombat Financial Services to apply for a car loan.
- An employee creates the appointment in LobbyCentral which emails the customer a confirmation and a link to check-in.
- On the day of the appointment, Maria drives to the bank and in the parking lot, opens the confirmation email to click on the check-in link.
- Maria confirms that she is at the location, enters in her 10 digit mobile phone number, and then checks in.
- Employees monitoring the LobbyCentral check-in queue are notified of Maria’s arrival and the appropriate employee selects her.
- A text message is sent to Maria with instructions to enter the building.
By keeping customers in their vehicle, customers are isolated which complies with the six foot distancing requirement. Additionally, a “person counter” that stands at the door is not necessary because only notified customers are permitted to enter the building.
In the next few weeks, we will be expanding Mobile Check-In to handle walk-in traffic.
Mobile Check-In is available today and at no extra cost for our cloud customers. If you would like to learn more about Mobile Check-In and it’s capabilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe out there!